Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorjimpax
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    Any know how to fix this problem? i'm experiencing it like a month now, I even reformat my computer twice but still no luck, and i also tried search in google for possible solution but still not working then i found this openDNS that says it will fixed those sites that you cant open or with error 101 message or just simply page cant be displayed something like that. . http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showforum=528&setlanguage=1&langid=en&setskin=1&skinid=33 that is the link site which i got an error101. .im using a home connetion with router. .

thanks for your help. .
  1.  permalink
    No, OpenDNS cannot fix sites with issues. 101 is a connection reset error, and it is unlikely any DNS service will change that. Nor will reinstalling your OS.

You may want to temporarily disable, one at a a time, your firewall and ant-virus resident scanner to see if one of these is the culprit.
  2.  permalink
    When I check the domain in our cache-check tool, it's resolving. It's possible the link you're trying to reach within the site is no longer available. Can you open either 'gamersfirst.com' or 'forums.gamersfirst.com'?
    Thankful People: jimpax
    • CommentAuthorjimpax
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011
    i can open gamersfirst.com homepage but the forums wont let me. .i wonder whats wrong with our connection. .i was hoping that opendns will resolve my concern. .thanks
    • CommentAuthormaintenance
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011 edited
  3.  permalink
    >>I even reformat my computer twice<<

Why on Earth would you do that? :shocked:
  4.  permalink
    I'm not sure why many people do this, nor do I think tyhat they actually mean "reformat" most of the time, but "reinstall". Further, when problems warranting a reformat are involved, wiping the drive first is usually necessary.
    • CommentAuthorjimpax
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2011
    still not working if i start on the link you gave me. .and yeah I reformat my PC twice hoping that it would fix the problem but still got the error or message says ops! google chrome could not open the page. .and i already reinstalled all my internet browser. .but still no luck. .
  5.  permalink
    Yes, so it is likely a problem with a firewall (router and/or computer), AV or other active security software, or a network problem.

Unfortunately, not much OpenDNS can do for you here.
    Thankful People: jimpax

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.